|After 14 years of UP control, this is one of the very few remaining Cotton Belt engines with its original number and no patch. It is seen here switching GEMCO yard in Van Nuys. It was built a GP40 in August of 1971 as Western Pacific #3533. After the UP merger, it became UP #681, before being sold to the Chicago Missouri & Western Railway as their #3016. Upon retirement, it was rebuilt by Morrison-Knudson in November 1990 into a GP40M-2. It is slotted to become UP #1496.